TRANSITION OBSERVATORY AND "O.P. EDUCATION 2000-2006"
"O.P. Education 2000-2006" is the Operational
Programme for Education and Initial Vocational Training designed to aid
Greece in meeting the challenges arising internationally due to the development
of innovative technologies. This Programme aims at turning these challenges
into opportunities for development and improvement of the quality of life.
Education 2000-2006" is one of the Third Community Support
Framework’s 24 Operational Programmes (2000-2006) in Greece, and is
co-financed by the European Social Fund, the European Regional Development
Fund and national resources.
The Transition Observatory of Pedagogical Institute, funded
Education 2000-2006" ,
the project "Development of Transition Observatory"
the framework of the above-mentioned project the following surveys hae en carried out during 2006-2008:
- 2nd Graduates Survey
- 3th Dropout Survey (cohort 2000-01): Dropouts in Secondary Education (Gymnasium, Integrated Lyceum, Technical-Professional Schools)
- 4th Dropout Survey (cohort 2003-04): Dropouts in Secondary Education (Gymnasium, Integrated Lyceum, Technical-Professional Schools)
- Longitudinal Survey of Educational and Occupational Choices of Secondary Education Students (A΄ Phase)
- Research on the Educational Choices of Secondary Education Students in Relation with the Tertiary Education Department they Admitted through "Panellenic Entrance Examinations"
- Research on the Linking of Vocational Education and Training Curricula with the Labour Market
The first five
(1-5) are quantitative surveys based on a nationwide representative
sample while the last one (6) is qualitative in nature.